The first 50 days up, it was expected that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would shed secrecy and publicise the achievements of the demonetisation exercise. Escalation in the war against black money and corruption seemed imminent. The country waited for another 1991 moment, when, following a crisis, Manmohan Singh had meticulously steered the economy on to a new trajectory.
Do not miss... (Most viewed today)
- Dadagiri: Sourav Ganguly gets into trouble with passenger in Train over seat! Had to change seats.
- The real reason why RBI is still counting notes!
- Why Is Russia Aiming Missiles at China?
- Karan Johar's anti-Kangana Ranaut jibe at IIFA 2017 was a below-the-belt hit
- Modi's bullet train gaining momentum. Is your city in the list?